It’s different at the top. We know.
Leading the Enterprise is a powerful — and humbling — experience. Top leaders play an enormous role in the success of organizations. And, they need to excel in new ways.
The challenges of leading at the top are far-reaching, complex and essential to get right. Based on extensive research, leaders at the top take on:
Business operations – the heart of all other challenges.
Strategic issues – setting and realizing vision, direction and goals.
Managing change – both in the day-to-day and in the long-term.
Boundary spanning – leading across levels, silos, cultures, backgrounds and interests.
Talent management – ensuring the current and future talent pipeline.
Individual impact – understanding and adjusting leadership style in effective ways.
“We understand – and know -that leading the enterprise gives you a different view and different responsibilities than any other role.”
Regardless of industry and context, leadership at the top requires different perspectives and skills. This program allows top executives to reflect on their leadership style, dissect their effectiveness and examine how to proceed. The Executive Program: Leading The Enterprise is a once-in-a-career opportunity to maximize personal leadership power to accelerate organizational commitment, alignment and results.
Delivered by highly qualified coaches, the Leading the Enterprise experience is dedicated to helping executives in the C-suite or on the senior executive team address the unique challenges experienced by those at the top of the organization. This program is best suited for a senior executive-level individual who is at a career and/or life stage in which an intensive review would be beneficial. They include very senior-level executives: CEOs, COOs, CFOs, CIOs, chairmen, board members, officers and ascending senior executives.
*To ensure participants have the optimum background to benefit from the program, pre-assessment and qualification are required for participation.
Why Leading the Enterprise?
Leading the Enterprise is an experience that allows top executives to maximize their personal leadership power and accelerate organizational goals.
- A rigorous application process ensures participants are appropriately challenged and in the company of their peers.
- Content is relevant and research-based, including comparative data and current research findings.
- Individual leader development is placed in the context of advancing the business.
- The experience is deeply personalized through assessments, dedicated coaching relationships and tailored activities.
- Managing energy, fitness and health are addressed as components of effective leadership.
- Coaches have extensive experience working as and with senior executives.
The program is tailored to the specific needs of each participant. This process begins weeks in advance of the program.
This program includes:
- An exclusive five days long leadership retreat.
- Highly relevant, research-based content to expand knowledge and address essential challenges.
- Experiential activities to add depth to feedback and key ideas.
- Media interview to assess executive image and presence.
- Health and fitness assessment and daily activities to connect energy management to leader effectiveness.
- A half-day, personal session with a Gusto Life Group executive coach to integrate the experience and plan next steps.
- Twelve one-hour coaching sessions with your executive coach.
- Extensive networking opportunities to provide connections, ideas and support.
- Digital access to all materials, resources and personal information for easy reference.
What will I learn?
Leading the Enterprise focuses on the whole leader to meet the challenges of the enterprise. The program takes an inside-out approach to help top leaders meet the demands of the role and accelerate organizational goals.
Executives in the program concentrate on key leadership competencies: validating and articulating a vision, leading outwardly, communication, influence, self-awareness and executive image. They delve into their high-level challenges. They explore how managing energy, fitness and health are related to effective leadership.
Through the Leading the Enterprise experience, top leaders gain a clear view of their impact on the organization and:
- Develop clear action plans around organizational challenges and priorities.
- Validate or recast organizational vision.
- Clarify their leadership effectiveness, within the organization and in comparison to other senior executives.
- Improve external influence skills with boards, shareholders, partners and critical stakeholders.
- Enhance executive image and communication skills.
- Learn to balance and sustain energy for the work of leadership.
How does it work?
Leading the Enterprise is a six months long coaching program, starting off with five intense days on location.
During these five days, participants are immersed in their personal data, experiential activities and skill-building exercises. Led by a senior-level coaching team, typically composed of a male and female coach, the Leading the Enterprise retreat is a safe – but challenging – environment for learning, practice, reflection and goal setting.
Our exclusive groups of participants are kept small and confidential to ensure the best setting for a deep learning and growth experience.
The week includes:
- Experiential activities and hands-on exercises for practice and deeper learning.
- A half-day, personal session with a coach to clarify thinking and plan next steps.
- Multiple feedback and goal-setting sessions
- Peer learning groups to provide insight, suggestions and support.
“Senior leaders apply and sustain their learning with a package of resources.”
When the Leading the Enterprise retreat experience ends, participants apply and sustain their learning by using the included ongoing support:
- 12 one-hour phone coaching sessions with your coach.
- Assessment to measure skills and behavior progress, completed three months after the program.
- Optional, fee-based fitness coaching or media and executive presence coaching.
- Optional, fee-based learning and support, such as extended coaching engagements, additional eCourses and/or ePrograms-packages and custom initiatives to connect individual development to organizational needs.
Length of program
Hong Kong, HK (China)
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.